Puyallup is a fine example of a petty dictatorship
and is most worthy of a
Dog Crap in a Flaming Paper Bag Award
You can see my editorial to help understand this mess.
- The State of Washington grants Puyallup an "exclusive area" in which
no other water utility can serve. Puyallup willingly accepts and asked for
that area in order to "generate income for the city".
- Puyallup then withholds service to further it's own political agenda.
- Puyallup forces potential users outside it's city limits to:
- Pay a "surcharge" of 50% for water.
- Only develop property according to Puyallup's zoning and ignore the County's.
- Fully "cooperate with" and "agree" to be annexed by the city.
- Agree to sign any letter, notice, petition or other instrument initiating
annexation to the city.
- Agree to any future taxes the city may choose to impose.
- Agree to "actively promote" such annexation (not speak out against Puyallup).
- Agree to GRANT THE CITY IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY to execute such documents
on the property owner's behalf.
- Pay a non-refundable $350 fee to ask the council to determine whether
they will even provide service.
- Claim that a property owner can't get water elsewhere because of the "exclusive area"
- As a matter of fact, Puyallup attempted to block me from using my own existing well
on my own property.
- Puyallup does these things because:
- Puyallup council members and administraters must think they are superior to and have no respect for people outside the
city limits and will disregard their wishes.
- Why should they? People outside the city limits don't vote for politicians inside the city limits.
- After I sat for over an hour at a Puyallup council meeting I was asked
if I was just about done after they listened to me for only 3 minutes.
- Puyallup council members and administraters must feel they are superior to and have no respect for the elected
representatives outside the
city limits and will disregard their zoning and building code decisions.
- I had one Puyallup council member tell me that one of the Pierce County council members was the problem.
- A Puyallup planner once told me that the city used water service to control areas outside
it's city limits because they didn't like the way the County did things.
- Puyallup council members and administraters must not have any respect for public safety.
- As a matter of fact, a Puyallup planner would not allow me to add a fire hydrant to the existing
water main in front of my property at a cost to myself of $6,000 claiming that
they didn't want to overbuild their system.
- Puyallup council members and administraters must not have any respect for the DEMOCRATIC PROCESS.
- Puyallup council members and administraters must not have any respect for the CONSTITUTION or the BILL OF RIGHTS.
- How could the City include in a preannexation "agreement" that I must "actively promote annexation"?
- How could the City require that I agree to any LID (future unknown taxes).
- Puyallup council members and administraters must think an awful lot of themselves.
Puyallup council members did have a problem with some artwork by the library.
Here's a link to some more indecent stuff they wouldn't like
BACK to winners